Tuesday, August 26, 2014

DUPE ALERT! - a money saving edition

Where do I begin? Enchanted Polish "magical mystery tour". A polish. A cult classic. I feel it is every polish aholics right of passage to swoon over this particular polish. And how could you not. Turquoise blue, purple, gold, green...and the extra BOOM with the holo. It's the kind of polish that made me an addict in the first place. I remember coveting it for ages, and then i got lucky and managed to snag it. A mere 35$ (plus shipping and no box) is what this bad boy cost me. Yes, I know. I'm crazy to spend that kind of money on one polish. But it's beauty is well justified in my brain. Let us all take a moment to bask in it's glory, shall we?


There it is. When I received this polish, I IMMEDIATELY painted my tips. I couldn't help it. It made me want to cry a little. This beauty was FINALLY MINE!

Flash forward to almost a year later. There I am, at Las Vegas, in a penthouse suite in the Mandalay Bay. I'm there, showing off my brand of polish, Jaded Nail Co. There are other indie polish makers, well known bloggers, nail magazines (I was quite out of my league! THANK GOD for the wine!), and of course, Leah Ann. As in, LLAROWE. The maker of colors by llarowe, and the owner of www.llarowe.com. I am no stranger to that site, nor to her brand. Honestly, one of my first and favorite polishes that i purchased (ozotic 507) was from her site. It was the first time I had ever paid for a polish over 8$. I knew it was the end of my polish sobriety there, I was off the wagon. Leah Ann is a legend in the polish world. Famous, notorious. Many tears come from her site, many angry reviews, but so much joy at the same time. She takes everything in stride, and keeps on trucking. She is, a polish warrior. So imagine the anxiety I had when i got to meet her. Stumbling over words, stuttering, i was a wreck. But I made it, yes I did. And after all was said and done, and all the bloggers had left, all us indie ladies started swapping our polishes. Because honestly, none of us wanted to go home with our own stuff. I had the luck of grabbing a couple of colors by llarowe to add to my very large collection. One of them happened to be an (at the time) unreleased color. "Show me again". It caught my eye in a familiar way. I put it, (with my 30 or so other polishes of different brands) into my suite case, brought it home, and proceeded to forget about it. I know, how could I? But you see, with such a large amount of polish that I came home with, somethings just got pushed to the side. 

Last night, I was struggling to find a polish that I wanted to wear. With over 2000 polishes, you would think the decision would be easy, but it honestly makes it SO MUCH HARDER. Then I remembered! I grabbed "show me again", stared at the blue/purple jewel like amazingness. Then it hit me! Like a thousand polishes falling off the rack. This is JUST LIKE "magical mystery tour"! I quickly ran to my helmer, pulled out "MMT" and looked. Sure enough, they were close. I of course had to see just how close, which leads me to this post- 


There it is. As i have marked, my index and ring finger are polished with MMT (magical mystery tour), the middle and pinkie, CBL show me again. Let's look at a few more pics shall we?




There you have it. As you can see, the color shifts are the same. They both have holo amazingness in them as well. SO what is different you ask? CBL- the chromaflair pigment (the color that shifts) is a bit thicker, more dence, than that of MMT, causing the holo pigment to be a little less pronounced, and a little more scattered as compared. MMT is a hair thinner, making the holo pigment to be a tad more linear. Honestly, it is not enough to notice, unless you are an absolute polish nutter like me. 

So which one should you get? Well, here is the deal. CBL is almost always readily available on her site. It is 12.00$ US. Enchanted Polish MMT, it's a hard to find. Most times you have to snag it on destashes, and it can sell upwards to 40-50$. Used. If you are lucky to grab one off a restock, it is 16$. So, your decision. 

Colors By LLarowe "show me again" can be purchased HERE.






No comments:

Post a Comment